Sunday, March 16, 2008

I'm not ready!

I just ordered my backpack, and it will be sent overnight. I should see it Tuesday.

I also got my quick dry light towel.

I bought my shoes the other day. They are not going to work. I don't wear real shoes ever. I wear Rainbows, Sperry's, or Sam & Libby ballet flats. If I'm running, I wear running shoes. If I'm in Disney World, I wear running shoes. I cannot wear running shoes in Europe. You don't do that. So, I bought some Sketchers heavy soled Mary Jane's. Heavy sole= BS. I don't know that they'll make it through the airport.

So, I will go back and try to get some cuter running shoes, that aren't so running shoe like. I had a woman tell me the other day that "All the kids in Europe wear hiking boots." I don't wear hiking boots. I own a pair of "tree boots" (they have tree print all over them) for hunting. They're hot (uncomfortable, not Paris Hilton). If I wear boots, they are cowboy boots or are covered in rabbit fur. So, this is a problem.

I wonder what shoes Michelle is wearing? She is not a boots person either.

I realize that I intend to wear flip flops, but Switzerland is cold, and I do need something closed toed for that occasion.

Things I still need to do-

-Call the bank, tell them not to stop my card for "unusual activity"
-Find bar laundry soap
-Make copies of all my important documents
-Buy a money belt

Random things I need to pack-
-Magazines for Mich (birthday gift)
-A book for when I can't sleep on the plane
-Lots of meds (Ibuprofen, Allergy, Sleeping, etc).
-Plane headphone jack converter
-Batteries for my camera

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Try Puma for tennis shoes! I have some "cute and girly" tennis shoes if you will that are not so tennis shoe-y but still do the trick. Good luck!