Thursday, March 27, 2008

Avignon, Arles, Marsaille, and a real Chich Kabob

No idea if I spelled any of that right.

Last night, we ate at one of the down town places in Marsaille, I had a real Chich kabob. That means, a baguette with a ton of meat and fries, all on the baguette. I am going to turn in to a baguette. They're so good though. Cheap!

Avignon was beautiful, a huge church and castle over looking the Rhone.

Arles is the home of Vincent Van Gough, and I saw the cafe from "Cafe in the Night"

My brain is now thinking in French and English, so it makes it hard to write and speak either.

I dislike this paying to go to the bathroom thing. I had to pay ,50 at the train station earlier just to potty. It's not like that in the hostel. It is one thing that America gets right, free use of toilets.

This morning before going on our train trips, Mich and I went to the fresh market. Most of our trips go like this. Michelle misreads the maps, she is leading, we get lost, I have to ask for directions. Yes, it thrills me. At the market we got lots of fruit, and bread at the Patesserie (bakery basically). We've muched on that most of the day. While in Arles we ate Crepes.

On the train to Arles, we met these guys from there, who were trying their english and asked if we listened to "funk" but, they said it like "fuuuneek" I said you mean "funk." He said "NO NOT THAT!" Which, is what he meant. He thought I said the other f word, it was very funny. Then a guy asked us Obama or Hillary, of course Michelle had to tell them I voted for Bush. Thanks Mich. Thanks. Then when they were talking, it was half French and half english, but I kept forgetting to translate for Mich. Then I wondered why she would look at me so funny.

I must head out to switch rooms. It's a long story that involves and Asian and a phone call to America.

Well, I must get off the computer from 1998. I type faster than it thinks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello my little cousin Lisa! Be careful and don't eat too much! Have fun. We love you and miss you. We never thought of having to pay to use the restroom...CRAZY!
Love,
Becky and gang