Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Bailey!!

He is the entire reason we are here. May God rest his sweet soul.

People in Italy look at you like you are crazy when you're wearing flip flops. They will stare at your feet. Also, most public restrooms don't have toilet seats, or toilet paper, but in Italy, they have been free!

There are a few things I was told to bring, that I didn't, because I thought I knew better. Things I should have brought, but I'm stubborn-
-A Wine tool *because wine comes with corks*
-A book light *Why would I need a book light, I don't read before bed, I watch TV... Oh wait, there is no TV. You also don't want to wake up the world when you go to the bathroom in the dark*

Something I'm glad I brought, my own pillow case and top sheet. Even when the pillow sucks, it has my pillow case on it! Also, a wash cloth, so far places have had towels sometimes, but never a wash cloth. When you wake up and have to leave, and your bar soap is still damp, you just wrap it in your cloth and pull it out at the next place. My bag always smells Zestfully clean.

Another irksome thing... When you hand someone a 50, it's like handing someone a 100 in the US. They HATE it. I even tried to use a 20 earlier to pay for something 3.50, the guy said "Come on, I know you have coins" I did, I just didn't feel like counting them!

No comments: